And it really makes me think I have very bad taste.
I’ve been attempting to see that new movie The Last Samurai but have yet to succeed. The first time, the theatre I went to wasn’t accepting credit cards (their machines were down). The second time, I not only went to a different theatre but came armed with cash as well. They were sold out.
Again, I was thwarted.
And again, I wonder about my taste.
Everything I’ve read on the movie, the story line, denounces it as ethnocentric drivel. Garbage. A waste of time, entirely. And, knowing Hollywood, it probably is.
Let’s just say I wouldn’t argue with someone over the subject.
And yet I’ve tried twice to see it with every intention of trying at least once more.
What do we call this again?
I dug out my Digimon Christmas CDs last night. I was about half way into Daisuke & Ken no Kaimono Carol when AnhMai storms over to the computer and slaps the mute button on the keyboard, firmly declaring that I was not to turn that rubbish back on until after she had left.
I told her it was my house.
It did not work.
It’s going to be a long month.
Are you a Seme or Uke?
Questions blatently stolen from random lj'er:
(Because I love studying this kind of stuff). :)
Regional Dialect Meme
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
2. The thing you push around the grocery store?
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
13. Putting a room in order?
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
17. How do you eat your pizza?
Scrape off the toping with a fork, eat the crust with my hands and then resume usage of the fork for the de-topped toppings. :)
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. Oblate ellipsoid of leaven bread, cut, in two, along its major plane and filled with delicatessen goods?
22. Narrow passageway, usually covered, to the back of a terrace of houses?
23. Hairs which stand on end when an animal is frightened or angry or cold?
24. Bumps on surface of skin which appear around pores when human is frightened or angry or cold?
25. Process of infusing water with leaves of tea plant usually in a teapot?
26. Above process left too long such that an excess of bitter substances, mainly tannins, infuse into the drink, so spoiling it?
There is no such thing as steeping tea too long. If it's not as dark as coffee, you're doing something wrong. :)
27. Pot with lid for oven, usually ceramic, for slwoly cooking meat or similar in juices, stock, with vegetables?
28. Can, usually for petrol or water, with handle and screw lid?
29. Animal based term of endearment for people?
30. Hearty cooked breakfast involving eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding etc?
31. Beast of burden, smaller than a horse, with long ears?
32. Place where people take coal out of the ground?
33. Small, common red and black spotted beetle?
Yay, be-ith me! I have just mastered the turtle.
Okay, so it's a design usually meant for children, but I've been having trouble. The directions are in Korean!
But, at the very least, I've a new animal for my origami menagerie. :) So I'm relatively happy.